As promised here is my variation of “naans”. This will perfectly accompany yesterday’s dish. It will soak up the sweet and spicy butternut sauce.
Makes 2 large « naans »
- 60 grams (about 2/3 of a cup) of whole-wheat flour (T80)
- 60 grams (about 2/3 of a cup) of small spelt flour (or whole-wheat T80)
- 1 yogurt (goat or non fat)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon of curcuma
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Non-refined salt
- Black Pepper
Mix the flour, curcuma, cumin seeds, baking powder, a pinch of salt and black pepper together. Add the olive oil and mix. Add the work the mixture into dough.
Let rest for an hour.
Preheat the oven to 260C (500F)
Finely roll out the dough (must be thin). Bake 1-3 minutes at 260C (500F) until the dough is slightly brown and swells.
Why this is good for me:
This is an easy “whole” recipe and perfectly accompanies Indian recipes.